SOLANOCONNEX WEB APP WILL BE LIVE NOVEMBER 1ST!
WELCOME TO THE SOLANOCONNEX PROJECT!
The Solano County Mental Health Access Grant (2020-2023), otherwise known as SolanoConnex, is led by Touro University California and funded by the County of Solano. This project was created in response to a recent Human Services Needs Assessment (2019) that showed many residents and providers do not know how to access existing mental and emotional health services in the county. The goal of this project is to enhance access to mental and emotional health services in Solano County through the development of a web app that will connect residents to resources that best meet their mental and emotional health needs.
This will be accomplished through:
- An innovative and actively-managed Web App
- Live Patient Navigators
- Conducting Outreach and Media Campaigns to raise awareness
This project intends to complement the existing mental and emotional health services available in Solano County by mapping services and by helping clients navigate private and public sector systems of care to have their behavioral health needs met.
WHAT IS A PATIENT NAVIGATOR?
Patient navigators provide a range of support services to help assist individuals in accessing the services they need.
In this project, navigators will:
- Guide residents through the web app and support them in finding the appropriate services for their mental health needs, while also helping them overcome barriers to accessing that service (i.e. finding affordable childcare, language barriers, reliable transportation, working with limited service hours).
- Perform regular audits and update the referral map/network to reflect up-to-date changes in insurance coverage and any new service offerings.
- Follow-up with community members and document which services were received, any unforeseen barriers, and overall satisfaction.
STATUS OF THE PROJECT - IN DEVELOPMENT
Currently the project is in development and The SolanoConnex Web App is projected to launch in Fall 2021. Shown below is the project timeline for September 2020 to December 2021.
*click image below to enlarge
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.